Strona: Kandydat UAM - INTERNATIONAL DOCUMENTS – certificates, diplomas

Główna treść strony

INTERNATIONAL DOCUMENTS – certificates, diplomas

Legalisation formally confirms either the compatibility of the document with the law of the state of its issuance or the authenticity of the signatures and seals on the document.

International documents concerning education background - final high school transcripts and undergraduate or graduate diplomas from international higher education institutions obtained outside Poland must be apostilled or legalised. Otherwise they cannot be taken into account during the enrolment procedure.


The only exemptions to the above requirements include the International Baccalaureate diploma and the European Baccalaureate diploma.


Apostille is, simply put, a confirmation that the certificate/diploma you hold is genuine and can be used abroad. The special clause, issued either as a seal on the document or a separate document, can be obtained in the state issuing the document.
If the state which issued your document is a party to the Convention Abolishing the Requirement of Legalisation for Foreign Official Documents, drawn up in The Hague on 5 October 1961 (Journal of Laws of 2005 No. 112, item 938), find out where to apply for the apostille.


If the state issuing the document is not a party to the Hague Convention, then legalisation is performed by a consulate of the Republic of Poland in this state. You must contact the relevant diplomatic representative and inquire about the process.


International transcripts making you eligible for applying for studies in the state issuing the document, which do not require any action in Polish offices as they are recognised by law:

  1. Issued by a school or an education institution recognised by a state, active in the territory or in the education system of a member state of the European Union, a member state of the European Free Trade Agreement (EFTA) - European Economic Area, a member state of the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD).
    This applies to secondary school final transcripts of the following states: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Iceland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Korea, Latvia, Lichtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, New Zealand, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United Kingdom, United States.
  2. (IB) International Baccalaureate diplomas and (EB) European Baccalaureate diplomas.
  3. Subject to international agreements. A list of applicable agreements can be found on the website of Poland's Ministry of Science and Higher Education.

If your transcript does not meet the above requirements, you must apply for an administrative decision issued by the relevant school superintendent confirming eligibility for applying for studies. Detailed information can be obtained from the Education Superintendent in Poznań [Kuratorium Oświaty w Poznaniu].

© Uniwersytet im. Adama Mickiewicza w Poznaniu, ul. Wieniawskiego 1, 61-712 Poznań | tel. centrala +48 (61) 829 40 00, NIP: 777-00-06-350, REGON: 000001293