The degree program Central European and Balkan Studies is an innovative combination of philological studies with practical knowledge and skills necessary in contemporary business and cultural tourism field. Innovation concept is based on the combination of competencies and skills in studies of Central Europe with Balkan, and on a targeting it on the practical dimension of literary and intercultural communication necessary to build internal and external information cycle flow in business and tourism industry. In addition, CE&BS provides preparation for the philologist profession preparation in the field of knowledge and competence oriented on the aspect of language, literature and cultural communication.
Example of courses
- Practical module: Communication in the Cross-Cultural Tourism
- Practical module: Cross-Cultural Business Communications
- The Canon of Balkan Literature – selected problems
- 21st Century European Art Cinema: History, Myths, and Migrations
- Polish Literature in the European Context
- Intercultural Dialogue
- English for Teaching and Academic Purposes
- Popular Culture: Introduction
- Knowledge of globalization and digitalization processes, as well as political and social changes in the formation of contemporary Central European literatures and cultures.
- Knowledge of the functioning of cultural institutions and trends in contemporary cultural life in Central Europe.
- Knowledge of the key mechanisms governing the sociology and economics of cultural and literary life, as well as the elementary principles of the creation and development of various forms of entrepreneurship in Central Europe and the Balkans.
- Knowledge of intercultural literary communication.
- Ability to work in an intercultural environment.
- Proficiency in specialized English.
CEBS graduates will be able to find employment in:
- cultural centers,
- commercial companies,
- diplomatic missions,
- tourist companies,
and in all those institutions where knowledge of the culture of Central Europe and the Balkans and its interaction with other circles of civilization is an essential component of the profession.