for graduates of first- or second-cycle studies.
|Elements of selection procedure
|1) grade on the higher education diploma
|2) master thesis project
|Maximum number of points to be scored during the selection procedure
Ad 2. Additional information:
The candidate submits a master thesis project in the form of an outline and specifies the thesis supervisor and presents the supervisor’s approval, within a time limit specified by the Institute of Psychology at the Faculty of Social Sciences.
Failure to submit the master thesis project means the candidate is not admitted to the programme - regardless of the score calculated on the basis of the grade on the diploma and outcome of the interview.
Ad 3. Additional information:
An interview covering topics indicated by the Faculty of Social Sciences. The maximum score for the interview is 30 points. A score of 15 points or lower for the interview means a negative outcome - the candidate is not admitted regardless of the score calculated on the basis of the grade in the diploma and evaluation of master thesis project.
The maximum score of 30 points for the interview (without the necessity to attend the interview) is given to graduates of first-cycle studies in cognitive science completed at the Faculty of Social Sciences, as well as persons who obtained credits for the subjects listed below (or subjects with equivalent learning outcomes which have to be documented)
- Mathematical basis of cognitive science;
- Cognitive processes;
- Methodology of psychological research with statistics and research ethics;
- Human–computer interaction;
- Cognitive linguistics or Non-classical logics;
- Fundamental problems in cognitive science: consciousness;
- Fundamental problems in cognitive science: perception;
- Reasoning or Psychology of emotion and motivation;
- Two laboratory classes of 60h each