English Linguistics: Theories, Interfaces, Technologies is a unique interdisciplinary undergraduate program taught in English. The study program is designed for candidates whose interests combine the English language and new technologies. Students of the program acquire advanced English language skills, knowledge of language theory, and a solid background in computer science. The program is supported by the project "UNIWERSYTET JUTRA - an integrated development program of Adam Mickiewicz University, Poznan.
Example of courses
- theoretical linguistics (e.g. phonology, syntax, psycholinguistics, sociolinguistics, language acquisition, cognitive linguistics)
- interdisciplinary linguistics (e.g. research methodologies, experimental linguistics, field studies)
- application of information technologies in linguistic analysis (e.g., text exploration and processing, creating language databases, speech analysis)
- academic English (e.g. pronunciation, discourse, grammar, public speaking)
- training and internships in companies
- Premium linguistic competence and soft skills (creativity, flexibility, communicative effectiveness).
- Enhanced language awareness (of language change, multiculturalism and multilingualism).
- Acquisition of tools for language study and description.
- Development of critical and creative thinking skills.
- companies involved in electronic linguistic data processing and analysis and language technologies
- editorial work, electronic media, public relations, advertising and translation
- education sector (research and teaching)
- areas connected with market and public opinion research and journalism