German philology, specialty Intercultural German studies (Słubice)
Faculty of Modern Languages and Literatures
Tuition fee: the semester tuition fee is: PLN 3 000,00 (the fee can be paid in 4 installments of PLN 750,00 each).
Please be advised that in order to become a student of this faculty at the University of Adam Mickiewicz in Poznań, you should first be a student of Interkulturelle Germanistik at the European University Viadrina. Candidates who will not be students at EU Viadrina in the academic year 2020/2021 in the field of Interkulturelle Germanistik will not be admitted to the field of German philology, specialization intercultural German studies. Recruitment conditions for studies at EU Viadrina are available at: https://study.europa-uni.de/de/studieren/bewerben/grundstaendig/BA_IKG.html
Admission to the programme
Information about enrollment deadlines for this programme will be provided at a later date.
Detailed admission rules
Based on submitting all required documents until such time as all places have been filled
Selection procedure steps
1. Creating an account
The candidate creates an individual account in the Online Admissions System by providing the necessary personal data. Subsequent admission-related operations can only be made after logging in to the created account. All steps taken by the candidate after logging into the system are saved and archived. The candidate is obliged to keep the password to access the account secret.
2. Enrolling in the programme
The candidate chooses a programme/major and type of studies. It is recommended that the candidate thoroughly read the admission requirements for a given programme as well as the admission schedule.
3. Paying the enrollment fee
The candidate pays an admission procedure fee in the selected programmes/majors. Failure to pay the fee for a given programme means the candidate is not included in the selection procedure in this programme. The enrollment fee is PLN 85.
4. Entering information about Matura
Candidate enters information about Matura certificate and the secondary school he/she graduated from
5. Uploading a photo
The candidate uploads a high-resolution photo which will be used when generating the personal questionnaire. The photo of the admitted candidate will also be used in the student identification card.
Notice: if you do not upload a photo, system will not be able to generating the questionnaire!
6. Lodgment of all required documents by electronic means
Upon enrolling into the programme and paying the enrollment fee, the candidate is obliged to slodge of all required documents by electronic means within the specified time limit (or untill such time as the limit of admitted candidates has been reached).
7. Final results of the selection procedure
The results of the selection procedure will be provided via the Online Admissions System. Upon logging into his/her account, the candidate will see information on admission or denial of admission.
List of documents
Set of documents
- photo file which will be used when generating the personal questionnaire
- a scan of the Matura certificate
- a scan of the supplement to the Matura certificate - applies to candidates who have increased the the Matura exam score or have taken the Matura exam in additional subjects
- a scan of the IB diploma - applies to graduates of schools belonging to the International Baccalaureate Organization (IB)
- a scan of statement by a statutory representative - applies to candidates under 18
Preparation of the documents
During the recruitment process, candidates do not submit any paper documents.
Each of the required documents should be scanned to a separate file in PDF format. A document (e.g. certificate or diploma) that has more than one page should be scanned into one multi-page PDF file.
Scanning documents can be carried out on its own with the use of a scanner or with the use of dedicated applications for devices with Android or iOS. The document scanning service is also available at most copy shops.
Attestation of documents
Document attestation is a process in which an employee of the University confirms the compliance of the attached scans of documents with their original (paper) version. Attestation of the document by AMU consists in submitting (for inspection) the original document at the dean's office at the beginning of the academic year.
Documents obtained abroad
Candidates with documents obtained abroad also provide:
- a scan of a foreign document, which is legalized or accompanied by an apostille, entitling the candidate to take up higher education studies in the country where the document was issued
- a scan of translation of the document into the language of the studies undertaken by the candidate, performed by a sworn translator entered into the list of sworn translators maintained by the Polish Minister of Justice, or certified by a Polish consul in the country where the document was issued
- a certificate of recognition of a foreign certificate as equivalent to Polish Matura certificate issued by a competent Board of Education – if the foreign certificate is not recognized, by virtue of law or under international agreements, as a document entitling to commence higher education studies in Poland
- a scan of a document confirming the entitlement to study tuition-free – in the case of foreigners