Studies in the field of Image and Mediation Communication enable the acquisition of knowledge and competences in the field of the theory and models of communication as well as communication techniques, used depending on the cultural, civilization, linguistic and communication environment, in particular those used in broadly understood environments as communication niches (including the professional niche) within the English and native (native-Polish) language area. Graduates have theoretical and practical preparation to function in the field of public relations communication (e.g. linguistic and visual advertising, interviews, work in the mass media, field administration, etc.).
Strengths of the field of study
- organization of classes, enabling the improvement of competences in the field of knowledge of the theory and models of communication, image theory and mediation communication, while taking up or continuing professional activity,
- the curriculum includes and harmoniously combines all the necessary, diverse assumptions, contents and didactic methods, enabling the development of a competent and conscious transcommunicator,
- original and unique study program,
- individual and subjective approach to the student (tutoring),
- conducting classes in English and Polish language.
Example of courses
- Cultural heritage
- Basics of mass communication
- Basics of intercultural communication
- Basics of non-verbal communication
- Basics of professional communication (introduction to public relations)
- Communication skills (the second language)
- Communication skills (English)
- Image and mediation workshops
- Introduction to ecolinguistics
- Introduction to the image theory
- Introduction to general and applied semiotics
A detailed study plan is available on the website of the Institute of East Slavic Philology, as well as the Fb website of the Department of Ecolinguistics and Communicology.
- In-depth knowledge of image and mediation communication.
- Communication skills in managing linguistic and non-linguistic resources.
- The ability to communicate effectively during public speeches also with the use of multimedia presentations.
- Skills in two non-native languages - English and a second modern language (optional).
- Skills of independent analysis, drawing conclusions and argumentation.
- Team work skills.
- Work in European offices and agencies
- Employee of the career office at a university
- Editorial work in publishing houses
- Advertising and promotion advisor
- Public relations employee
- Employee of cultural and educational institutions (organization and promotion of cultural events, head of an educational institution, e.g. foreign language schools)
- Media advisor for the development of ecological awareness of contemporary Poles.