- interdisciplinary two-year English-language MA programme
- effective and empathetic communication for health and quality of life
- co-taught by healthcare experts (academics and practitioners) from Poland and abroad
- suited to BA/BSc and MA/MSc graduates with a good command of English
What will you learn
- how to effectively communicate in healthcare – how to talk and how to listen
- how to make specialist language accessible to non-experts
- how a psychotherapist may heal by means of language
- how the theatre can heal
- how to promote good health practices
- how to effectively and amicably communicate with a person in need of care
- how to support communication with vulnerable adults
Graduates will obtain state-of-the-art knowledge and competences applicable to health and quality of life.
Example of courses
- Healthcare communication across cultures
- Medical anthropology in global perspective
- Supporting employee’s mental health
- Introduction to medical translation
- Qualitative and quantitative research methods for medical humanities
- Audio description for persons with sight loss
- Theatre for standardised/simulated-patient medical training
- Conversational AI in healthcare. The application of voice interfaces in communication with patients
- Excellent command of English (speaking and writing in specialist and everyday language).
- Ability to communicate empathetically and effectively.
- Soft skills.
- Ability to offer support in crisis situations.
- A sensitive and open attitude to vulnerable individuals.
- accompanying interpretation
- health promotion and health education
- UX design (user experience in the healthcare context)
- art therapy
- patient assistance
- audio description