Language degrees have traditionally focused on teacher or translator training. We feel that there is a need for a degree that goes beyond that. That’s why we have created a completely new BA degree called Applied Linguistics and Intercultural Communication. We have created a curriculum that will help you learn not only language itself, but most importantly – how to use languages in a variety of contexts. We concentrate on practical language use in a multicultural and multilingual world.
- Do you want to learn how to effectively communicate in multi-cultural contexts?
We offer a cultural-linguistic module with such courses as public speaking, introduction to intercultural competence, intercultural competence training as well as multilingualism and multiculturalism in the European Union.
- Do you want to understand how language works?
You will learn not only descriptive grammar of English and German, but also contrastive grammar of the two languages. Add to this introduction to linguistics as well as text and discourse and text linguistics, and you will get our linguistic module.
Example of courses
- Composing and editing functional texts in English and German (30h)
- Public speaking (30h)
- Multilingualism and multiculturalism in the European Union (30h)
- Intercultural competence training (30h)
- Text and discourse linguistics (30h)
- English pronunciation & German pronunciation (60h)
- Introduction to linguistics (30h)
- Fluency in English and German.
- Highly developed soft skills, enabling you to gain employment in multinational corporations.
- Professional level public presentation skills.
- Ability to work in a multicultural and multilingual environment.
- High intercultural competence.
- Professional ability to compose and edit functional texts in English and German.
- Work in an international, multicultural and multilingual environment
- Public Relations
- Advertising and marketing agencies
- Creative agencies
- Translation offices