Mediterranean Studies is intended for all those willing to extend their knowledge about cultural identity of contemporary Europe and its heritage rooted in ancient Greco-Roman tradition. A better understanding of Europe will help students extend their acquired skills to multiple culture-related specialism, such as media, tourism, international relations, and increase their employment prospects. Mediterranean Studies is the key to Europe! After completing the degree programme, graduate students will be ready to undertake research and enter PhD studies in culture science, classical philology or other subjects in humanities.
Candidates who are interested in our graduate programme are encouraged to check out grant possibilities for international students. Please visit the following links to see which scholarships you are eligible to apply for:
The programme is shaped by the students of multiple cultural backgrounds, European or otherwise, who bring to the table their diverse experiences and perspectives.
Example of courses
- Classical Literature and Languages: Ancient Literature
- Practical Latin
- Practical Greek
- Mediterranean Mythologies
- Ancient World in Visual Arts
- Classical Philosophy and Its Reception
- Cultural Role of Greece and Italy Tours
- Key to understanding Europe and its cultural identity
- Knowledge of classical literature and culture
- Classical tradition and the most important aspects of the Mediterranean culture from the contemporary perspective
- Mediterranean Studies is committed to broadening students’ intellectual horizons through an active engagement with literature, theatre, philosophy, rhetoric, classical education based on Paideia and its modern counterparts, ancient tradition, reception of Greco-Roman culture from Middle Ages to modern times.
- cultural institutions
- travel agencies
- publishing houses etc.