By choosing the Biotechnology degree program, you will be introduced to the biomedical aspects of biotechnology. The curriculum includes advanced biotechnology subjects that are based on topics in biochemistry, microbiology, and cell and molecular biology. As a student, you will have the opportunity to learn about the latest concepts and developments in medical biotechnology and gain the necessary practical skills in biomedical techniques, molecular biology and project management. Biotechnology studies will allow you to gain practical experience in the use of commonly used and advanced scientific equipment and to become familiar with the requirements of the bioeconomy and biotechnology regulations. As a graduate, you will be well equipped to design and implement a research project, and you will be familiar with biotechnology legislation. The degree program ends with a Master of Science in Biotechnology.
Practical courses will also introduce you to biology, biodiversity, genetics, animal anatomy and physiology and bioinformatics. This will help you develop comprehensive knowledge and skills that meet current industry and employer requirements. You will also be able to carry out independent research projects under the supervision of experienced researchers.
The studies take place at our campus in Morasko, in very well equipped laboratories, but you will also have the opportunity to gain valuable experience in other research centers.
Example of courses
- Developmental biology
- Viruses in biotechnology
- Animal models of human diseases
- Human molecular genetics
- Molecular therapies
- New generation pharmaceuticals
- Structural biology
- High - throughput technologies in biotechnology
- Nanobiotechnology in medicine
The Alumni has a broad theoretical and practical knowledge of biotechnological methods, which enables:
- targeted modification of microorganisms, cells of higher organisms and whole organisms;
- conduct biosynthesis and biotransformation processes;
- isolate and purify bioproducts and determine their biological and physicochemical properties;
- design macromolecules characterized by the desired activity and be able to develop conditions for biotechnological processes, conduct their optimization and control;
- design and characterize proteins and peptides, use recombinant DNA techniques to construct genetically modified organisms;
- search online databases related to bioinformatics and molecular biology.
Alumni are well prepared for work broad range of institutions:
- at universities and scientific institutes,
- to continue education within PhD programmes,
- in biological and biotechnological laboratories (analytics, diagnostics),
- in companies from biotechnology, pharmacy and chemistry fields,
- knowledge from studies will help to start own biotechnology company.